Prime Exposure Formgel is a water based thick retardant gel that is applied to formwork prior to pouring concrete which allows you to leave formwork in place to expose the concrete surface 6 to 48 hours after pouring the concrete. This time frame is weather and concrete dependant.
Prime Formgel retards the surface ensuring an even exposure effortlessly with a brush/broom and hose or a high pressure washer.
The fluorescent green colour ensures easy application and reduces the chances of areas being missed or not coated.
Prime Formgel is water soluble and eco-friendly.
Unsurpassed level of surface exposure, providing an even finish and polish of stone.
We have a large distributor network, so wherever the job, you will be able to find a Prime Exposure stockist.
Coverage: Approximately 50-60m2 per 20 Litre Drum
- Prime Formgel can be applied with a paint brush or roller to Formply or any surface.
- If formwork is porous, two coats of Prime Formgel is recommended allowing the gel to dry in between coats.
- DO NOT DILUTE Prime Formgel, there is no need to stir or mix prior to application. Prime Formgel is ready to use straight out of the drum.
- Prime Formgel should ideally be applied to porous formwork 1 hour prior to pouring. Apply a second coat approximately 30 minutes before the concrete pour. Be aware, rain or excessive moisture can dilute the coating reducing product effectiveness. If formwork is not porous eg, Formply, a single generous coat of Formgel 30 minutes prior to concrete pour should be sufficient, dependant on preferred depth of exposure required.
- Depending on weather conditions Prime Formgel can be washed off from 6 to 48 hours after pouring the concrete – this timeframe has been tested on 30-32 MPA concrete. Times can wary with the MPA of concrete.
- Weather conditions and any air between the formwork and the concrete surface will dictate the ease of removing the Prime Formgel and concrete slurry.
- Be very cautious when placing concrete not to wipe the Formgel off the formwork with concrete tools ie. shovels etc.
- Prime Formgel is required to be washed off immediately once the formwork has been removed.
- After stripping the formwork, gauge the moisture content of the surface to determine the use of either brush/broom and hose or a high pressure cleaner to remove the slurry off to expose the surface.
- Prime Formgel is best applied between 5-30 degrees Celsius.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES